Wednesday 18 November 2009

Surfer Blood - Astrocoast




Work at the minute chiefly consists of me getting one brain-melter of a design brief per day and having to work out a way of completing it in between all of the other boring ones. As such I'm currently flying through the BBC's radio comedy output and new music at a rate of knots.
I saw the name Surfer Blood somewhere (might have been Kitsune) and though I might as well look them up instead of considering listening to office banter about sales targets. I'm listening to lots at the minute but I really like this album, it's got a No Age/Wavves feel to it but it's not particularly lo-fi in that you can actually here stuff. It's got some pretty good choruses in too.
I'm trying to work out where I'd pitch them, they have a great bit of Dinosaur Jr in the guitar and they've certainly got a bit of Beach Boy's in there somewhere, maybe a bit of My Morning Jacket too. 'Swim' easily comes in as a favourite and I think it may be a single but as far as I can see they don't have any vids about yet, I've sifted through them so you don't have to and here's the best vid I could find:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers