Monday 4 January 2010

Pendleton x Opening Ceremony



This Opening Ceremony x Pendleton collaboration has been all over the blogs and deservedly so I think. I've never been a massive fan of the native/tribal trend, having recently been to Peru and seen it's origins in the museums and textiles there western fashion's exploitation of it has seemed really quite shallow and shit.

I reckon the reason these jacquard designs work is that they are just pretty close to the original colours and patterns. I think that it's far too easy to get carried away though, the patterns are undeniable bold and so I think they should have been used with a bit more restraint such as using it for the lining of the white jacket. I like the tracksuit top though, because of the plain sleeves it works well.

The top at the bottom is pretty amazing too, I do like the whole lookbook. I've borrowed them from two different places so I'm not sure Richard Kern shot all of the photos (he definitely did the inside shoot though).

Anyway they're eye-catching whatever you think of them.









2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the pattern, but the cuts look alright, especially the shirt on the tattooed boy in the last photo.
    Thanks for the lovely comments at my place.
    Also, I've been trying to find the name of the first guy model, and I finally did, thanks to your mentioning of this editorial, so much obliged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a model with tattoos. win.

    rosiemarie cummybummyella

    ReplyDelete

Followers